The Animal Socialization Team is for current Animal Maintenance Team volunteers who have been working with us for a minimum of one session.
The major objective of the Animal Socialization Team is to assist the Reptile Rescue Center staff in the taming and socializing of the animals, including making sure animals are accustomed to handling for presentations and adoption.
- Handling animals for socialization purposes.
- Handling animals for taming purposes.
- Handling animals for enrichment purposes.
- Reporting animal behavior and temperament to RRC staff.
Volunteers must be:
- Be a current member of the Animal Maintenance Team and have been for at least one session.
- Have attended their regular Animal Maintenance shift the week of their Animal Socialization shift.
- Be comfortable with handling reptiles.
- Responsible and committed to their duties and schedule.
- Able to follow directions and rules.
- Able to work well with others.
- Animal Socialization Volunteers are expected to uphold their commitment to the Animal Maintenance Team by completing at least one two-hour Animal Maintenance shift once-a-week for a minimum of one session.
- They can then schedule an Animal Socialization shift at an additional time of their choosing as the regular Animal Maintenance schedule permits.
- The Animal Socialization shift does not have to be the same day or time from week to week (unlike the Animal Maintenance shift).
- The Animal Socialization Team does not require a weekly commitment, but at least a once-a-month commitment is encouraged.
Time and Place
- Reptile Rescue Center is located in Southwest Little Rock (near UALR and the Rave Movie Theater).
- Shifts are one or two hours long.
- Shifts are: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday:
Any time between 10:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm; We are closed for lunch from 12:00pm-1:00pm every day.